“WE WORK TO IMPROVE THE LEGAL OUTCOMES FOR CHILDREN BY EMPHASIZING A HOLISTIC APPROACH FOCUSED ON EMPOWERING FAMILIES, HELPING THEM NAVIGATE WYOMING’S COMPLEX LEGAL MAZE, AND UTILIZING SERVICE SYSTEMS. OUR MODEL SEEKS TO PROVIDE CHILDREN WITH THE BEST CHANCE TO SUCCEED AND ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR FUTURE . . . .”
With a bit of effort and cooperation, our justice system can be redesigned with fewer entrances, clearer paths through, and better exits, so no one gets stuck in it needlessly.
- Reduce the amount of children in contact with the justice system.
- We work to reduce the number of children pushed out of school and into the court system for normal adolescent behavior.
- Outreach to courts and clerks of court to inform them of our programs.
The coalition is comprised of diverse youth justice stakeholders including youth, families, interested citizens, program providers, advocacy organizations, and others interested in improving public safety by breaking down barriers to youth success.
- Provides a safe and collaborative environment for the purpose of addressing needed political systemic change.
- To learn directly from communities to gain a deeper understanding of the obstacles faced.
- Collaborate and network with local resources to generate cost-effective solutions that are evidenced-based.
- Educate the community about old and new policies, programs, and related events that interact with youth.
- Generate fundamental and permanent shifts in Wyoming’s youth justice landscape.